This website has been created by Pam Shoemaker, Walled Lake Consolidated Schools' Technology Instructional Coach. See all the topics & resources listed in the navigation menu on the right. Scroll down this page to learn more about the support that Pam offers.
What is an Instructional Technology Coach?
In my role as the WLCSD Technology Instructional Coach, I work with educators to help them understand the link between technology and learning when designing their instructional activities. My goal is to empower and prepare educators to be active, creative, and knowledgeable when planning technology-enhanced learning experiences.
Technology is at the core of virtually every aspect of our daily lives and work, and together, we must leverage it to provide engaging and powerful learning experiences and content, as well as resources and assessments that measure student achievement in more complete, authentic, and meaningful ways.
How can my Instructional Technology Coach help me?
Support for you is available in many different ways:
- Collaborate with grade level or content area teams to assist in planning technology-enhanced learning experiences
- Help problem-solve issues that arise as technology is used in instructional practices
- Offer support resources
- Facilitate face-to-face and virtual learning experiences for teachers and administrators
- Observe classrooms, offering feedback as needed
- Help educators set realistic goals as they design technology-rich learning experiences
How do I contact my Instructional Technology Coach?