Have you heard of Escape Rooms? Breakout EDU is a way to offer similar immersive learning games right in the classroom.
The Breakout EDU kit allows for the facilitation of games where players use teamwork and critical thinking to solve a series of challenging puzzles in order to open the locked box. Games are available for all ages and content areas.
There are four kits available for checkout by interested educators! Each kit contains a large wood box, a small plastic box, a hasp, a 3 digit lock, a 4 digit lock, an alphabet/word lock, a directional lock, a key lock, a UV flashlight, and an invisible ink pen. If you are interested in checking the kits out, please follow these steps:
- Learn more about BreakoutEDU by watching the overview video below and visiting the BreakoutEDU website. Pam Shoemaker can answer any questions that you may have.
- Register for access to the pre-made challenges by filling out this form. BreakoutEDU will send you a password.
- Once you have access, search for possible challenges for your grade and content area and select the challenge you wish to do. Read the instructions carefully, as they include important infomation to ensure a successful BreakoutEDU experience.
- Take a look at the kit checkout calendar. You must log in with your WL Google account). Select your date/dates and contact Pam Shoemaker. She will need to know the following information:
- Date/s you want to do the challenge with your students. (Please allow adequate time, about three days, between checkouts for transporting the kits and resetting the locks).
- The name of the challenge you plan to do.
- Pam will reset the lock codes for you. Send her the codes for the locks your challenge requires. (3 digit, 4 digit, word, directional)
- Arrange with Pam for pick-up and return of the kits.