Device Purchase Discounts for All Walled Lake Consolidated Schools Students, Staff, and Familes
Several of the awarded vendors on the 2016 TRIG Device Purchasing Bid are now offering discounts to staff, students and families of TRIG participating districts on computers and accessories purchased for personal use! See electronic flyer here.
Device Options for the Middle School BYOD Program for the 2016-2017 School Year
Students may use:
- any brand Chromebook.
- a PC laptop with Microsoft Windows 7, 8, or 10 operating system, with 4 GB RAM of memory (recommended). Antivirus protection is the owner’s responsibility. You must purchase an antivirus program and run regular virus scans.
- Apple laptops purchased within the last three years.
- Although iPads and android tablets are convenient for most purposes, the mobile apps do not provide some of the features needed in class. We will allow these (with an external keyboard attached) to be used for our program, but want families to understand potential limitations.
* Students may NOT use a mobile/cell phone as their primary device.
InaComp TSG has been a Walled Lake Consolidated Schools partner for technology services since the 2001-2002 school year. Since many families have purchased laptops and chromebooks over the years from Inacomp TSG, their contact information is listed below.
The InacompTSG Repair facility is located at:
17250 W 12 mile Rd
Southfield, MI 48076
As an option for families, Inacomp offers a variety of BYOD packages for the 2016-17 school year, with an optional accident protection plan and loaner pool services:
* Purchase online. Contact Inacomp directly to ask questions. Phone: 248 286-9011.
Dell is offering Walled Lake Consolidated Schools staff and students discounts of up to 30%, and access to an exclusive store giving additional 20% discounts.
To shop: www.dell.com/mpp/walledlcsd
Member ID: GS3570091
See more information about the Dell Membership Purchase Program for the WLCSD.