Parent Information & Resources
Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
The Oakland County Parent Advisory Committee represents each LEA/PSA within Oakland County. Parent representatives have a child/children with a disability(ies) and are appointed by the LEA/PSA and Oakland County School Boards. The committee participates in the development and review of the Oakland Schools County Plan for Delivery of Special Education Programs and Services. The PAC also provides advisory input on matters regarding improvement of Special Education services within the ISD. More information about PAC
Walled Lake Consolidated Schools' PAC Representatives
- Brandi Girardot, PAC Representative: email@example.com - 248-939-2371
- Kathy Mack, PAC Representative: firstname.lastname@example.org - 248-342-6186
Events and Learning Opportunities
October 12, 2017 Parent Workshop: Healthy an Safe Relationships - Effective Discussions for People with Disabilities
- Presenter: Susan Rogers
- Location: Centennial Middle School, South Lyon
- Time: 7:00-8:30pm
- Registration: Click HERE to register online or contact the South Lyon special education department at (248) 573-8220 or email@example.com
- See informational flyer
October 21, 2017 Special Education Fair
You are invited to attend a Special Education Fair to help parents and others better understand important and complex Special Education issues.
- Location: Macomb Intermediate School District. 44001 Garfield Rd, Clinton Twp, MI 48038
- Time: 8:00am - 12:15pm
- Keynote speaker: Jerry Mills
- Two breakout sessions
- Registration Required. See flyer for instructions and other information about this event.
- Questions? Contact Monika DeLuca. Phone: 586.228.3458, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Autism (ASD) Society of Oakland County for information about the Special Education Formal Dispute Resolution Process.
Parent Friendly Websites, from Oakland Schools Parent Advisory Committee (this is an extensive list of helpful websites)
Lost-Cost Health Insurance for Michigan Children