Schools of Choice
Why Walled Lake Schools?
Because we serve every child, every day!
“Every Child, Every Day,” means vigilant collaboration with parents, staff and community, on behalf of our children. The WLCSD team is about reaching every child, connecting with them, meeting their varying academic and social-emotional needs, and encouraging and empowering them to reach their highest potential.
Schools of Choice Application and Resources
Walled Lake Consolidated Schools is a participant in Schools of Choice 105 on a ‘limited’ basis, limited meaning not all buildings and grade levels will have openings. Typically we accept applications for grades K-10. Under Schools of Choice we may enroll 105 students who are not residents of our district but still reside in one of the other 27 Oakland County school districts who meet the application guidelines.
The application period for the 2019-2020 school is Jan. 14 - Feb. 1, 2019. By law, applications cannot be accepted after February 1, 2019.
Schools of Choice Information
Walled Lake Consolidated Schools does not participate in Schools of Choice 105C which means we do not accept applications from residents who live outside the Oakland County school district boundaries.
Note: If you are currently a resident of the district and anticipate moving out of the district during the current school year, it may be possible for your children to continue their education here the following years under Schools of Choice 105 if:
- You are still residing within one the other 27 Oakland County school district boundaries.
- The building and grade level you want is open for application. (you may end up on a waiting list if a lottery is necessary)
- Meet the application guidelines.
- Submit your application during the application period.
Your child's journey begins in Walled Lake Schools every day!
- Safe, clean school environments.
- State-of-the-art instructional technology in every classroom.
- 80 percent of staff has advanced degrees.
- Early childhood education programs; including all-day, everyday kindergarten.
- Reading Recovery and after-school enrichment programs.
- Innovative science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) programs.
- Award-winning, competitive Robotics teams.
- High schools offer more than 20 Advanced Placement classes.
- Competitive athletic programs win state, regional and district awards.
- International Baccalaureate World School IB Diploma Programme.
- Test scores consistently exceed state and county scores.
- Fine and performing arts programs win state, national and international awards.
- Supportive community who renews millages.
- Generous community who passed a $65 million Safety Security and Technology Bond.
- Walled Lake Schools’ employees live and breathe the “Every Child, Every Day,” philosophy.
- We exist to serve our children, families and community.
- Walled Lake Schools serves14,400 students in 19 schools which o er a wonderfully diverse student population with families speaking more than 95 languages.