Schools of Choice
Walled Lake Consolidated Schools is a participant in Schools of Choice 105 on a ‘limited’ basis, limited meaning not all buildings and grade levels will have openings. Typically we accept applications for grades K-10. Under Schools of Choice 105 we may enroll students who are not residents of our district but still reside in one of the other 27 Oakland County school districts who meet the application guidelines.
The application period for the 2017-2018 school year will be January 9 through January 27, 2017. By law, applications cannot be accepted before January 9 or after January 27, 2017.
- The application period is now CLOSED
- Schools of Choice Section 105 Q & A
- Schools of Choice Student Guidelines 2016-17
Walled Lake Consolidated Schools does not participate in Schools of Choice 105C which means we do not accept applications from residents who do not live in Oakland County.
Note: If you are currently a resident of the district and anticipate moving out of the district during the current school year, it may be possible for your children to continue their education here the following years under Schools of Choice 105 if:
- You are still residing within one the other 27 Oakland County school district boundaries
- The building and grade level you want is open for application (you may end up on a waiting list if a lottery is necessary)
- Meet the application guidelines
- Make application during the application period