Kindergarten (All Day, Everyday)
Kindergarten Orientation 2018
Incoming kindergarten parents for the 2018-2019 school year attended the Kindergarten Orientation on Tuesday, March, 13, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. at each of our elementary schools.
Incoming kindergartners must be five-years-old on or before September 1, 2017.
Exception: According to Michigan Law, a child may be enrolled in kindergarten
if he/she is not five years of age on September 1, 20178 but will be five years of
age not later than December 1, 2018 and parent or legal guardian notifies the school
district in writing (Kindergarten Waiver Form) that he or she intends to enroll the
child in kindergarten.
Research indicates that developmentally appropriate full-day schedules benefit kindergarten children academically, socially and emotionally. Our principals and teachers understand this and are well equipped to meet the needs of our kindergarten students.
Our kindergarten students begin to learn a whole host of reading, writing and mathematics concepts and learning strategies that give them the foundation for a successful elementary school career in Walled Lake Schools.
Kindergarten Vision Screen Available
Please call the Oakland County Health Department at 248-424-7070 to schedule an appointment.
Enrollment Information Hotline: 248-956-5250
- Kindergarten Orientation 2017-18 School Year Presentation
- 2017-18 Building Contact Information
- Criteria for Enrollment
- Enrollment Instructions
- Enrollment Instructions in Spanish
- Enrollment Instructions in Japanese
- Enrollment Instructions in Arabic
- Elementary School Contact Information
- Oakland County Health Division (OCHD) Immunization Action Plan(Video)
- Full Day Kindergarten (PowerPoint Presentation)
- Full-Day Kindergarten Research Article 1
- Full-Day Kindergarten Research Article 2
- Full-Day Kindergarten Research Article 3