Welcome to Commerce Elementary School!
Commerce is an exemplary school that ranks in the top five percent of schools in Michigan. We are proud of our “Reward” status designated by the State of Michigan and our distinction as a Michigan Blue Ribbon School. We believe in not only educating the mind, but also educating the heart. A school-wide focus on the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and an emphasis on character education make Commerce a very special place for children to learn and grow. We are extremely thankful for our wonderful parent community who value education and volunteer countless hours in our school. Our teachers care deeply about their students and are continuously searching for a better way to help students learn. Our Commerce Staff is committed to creating a nurturing, yet rigorous learning environment for our children.
At Commerce Elementary, we believe:
- All children can learn and will achieve at high levels
- Each child is infinitely valuable and should be treated as such
- We celebrate the unique gifts that each child brings to our community
- A strong home-school partnership is essential to maximize student learning
- Respect, concern, and compassion for all in our diverse culture are essential character traits to develop in children
- Perseverance and a strong work ethic are essential character traits to develop in children
- A passion for learning is an essential attitude to instill in children
If you have any questions about our school, please do not hesitate to contact me. I can be reached by phone (248-956-3932) or e-mail (email@example.com). With genuine, open collaboration, Commerce Elementary will continue to provide the highest quality education to our children.