Teacher Directions for Entering and Sorting Data in Excel
- Pretest. Use the "Can You Do This" on the website. Keep track using this checklist if you would like to.
- Introduce the tutorials to the students. Allow them time to work and practice on their own. Do not teach or model how to enter data and sort. Just show how to get to and view tutorials. Help students who ask for help after that. Allow students to help one another.
- Give students time for exploration. When you think the students have understood, then ask them to write step by step instructions to show how to sort data. It is intended that students do this while they are working at a computer with this file open. The students should use this form for their writing.
- Select some of the writing and use it to see if the steps are complete and detailed enough.
- Post-test. Use the same check list as in the pretest.
- Follow up with students who do not successfully demonstrate all skills.