Reflections 2018-19: “Heroes Around Me”
It is time to start your Reflections project for the 2018-19 school year. Our theme this year is “Heroes Around Me” and we encourage all of our Hickory Woods students to participate in this national competition. Students are allowed to enter in the following categories: 2D/3D Visual Arts, Literature, Photography, Film Production, Dance Choreography, Music Composition, or Special Artist. The official rules can be found here.
This school year is also the 50th Anniversary of the Reflections program for the National PTSA and we would like to commemorate that by setting a goal of getting at least 50 entries from Hickory Woods students. Students who turn in their entries will have their work displayed on the bulletin board by the main office. The class with the most entries will also win an ice cream party! All students will be recognized in January for their participation.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Reflections is FREE to enter
- Only one student per entry
- Students can enter in any or all categories (only 1 entry per category)
- All entries must be accompanied by an entry form (can also be found by the media center)
- Entries must be turned in to the Hickory Woods Main Office by Friday, November 9 at 4pm.
- If anyone’s image or voice appears in your entry, please submit a consent form for every person (regardless of age).
The entry form will ask you to also include an “artist statement”. You can follow these tips to help form your artist statement:
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc)?
- What/Who was your inspiration?
If you have any questions regarding Reflections, please do not hesitate to contact the PTA Reflections Chairs:
- Torry Yu – TorryYu@wlcsd.org
- Kavita Namjoshi – KavitaNamjoshi@gmail.com
- Jennifer Ormonds – firstname.lastname@example.org