College Info and College Visit Schedule
Walled Lake Central College Visits
Students only in grades 10-12 are welcome to attend up to 5 college presentations. You must register with a personal email to select the presentations you wish to attend, please do not use your school email address.
Sign up's will be closed by the end of the school day prior to a presentation. If you signed up, but can not attend, please update your account prior to the presentation so that we may allow room for other sign ups. Students are responsible for notifying their teacher that they will be attending a presentation.
SENIORS ONLY are permitted to participate in the On-Site admissions process. Colleges offering On-Site admissions are noted on SignUpGenius. Registering to attend a presentation does not secure your interview for On-Site admission. Seniors MUST preregister and submit required paperwork for the On-Site interview 1 week prior to scheduled college visit presentation in B-100 Computer lab or the counseling office.
How to Sign up for College Visits electronically:
- Access the Sign-Up Genius Link.
- Read instructions and scroll down to see all the colleges coming to Walled Lake Central
- Select presentations you wish to attend by clicking Sign Up. Limit your selections to 5!
- When finished…scroll down and click submit and sign up.
- Create an account, put in your name, professional e-mail address (not your school email), and password.
- Notify your teacher when you will be attending a presentation
College Application Process - Learn how to process your college application and request your transcript.
Walled Lake Central Profile
Colleges and Financial Aid Info
Transcript Request Form
Choosing a College
College Application Process
1. Make sure you have registered and set up your own account on parchment.com. First and last names, birth date and YOUR graduation year must match Western's school records.
2. Complete all college applications online. You can use the Media Center or Career Room computers if you don't have computer access at home.
3. Complete the transcript request and hand in a College Application Router Form for EACH COLLEGE you have already applied to on Parchment.com. These forms can be found in the Counseling Office or on the link below.
Transcripts requests are processed several times weekly.
Common App Help
Click here for Common App Essay Prompts5 biggest mistakes in college applications - Video on "How to Avoid Common Mistakes" when completing college applications.
Thinking of Playing a College Sport? Please look over the NCAA website and follow through on all the prompts.You also should set up an appointment with your counselor to discuss your plans. Do so right away!
Additional NCAA Links:
All college-bound prospective athletes must register with the NCAA Clearinghouse. There is a fee that must be paid. Please print all release forms and bring them into the Counseling Office.
Walled Lake Central courses approved by NCAA - Use code 233690
NCAA Division I Initial-Elgibility Toolkit
NCAA Frequently Asked Questions
Determine Your Eligibility - Instructions and worksheets to assist you with monitoring your progress in meeting NCAA initial-eligibility standards.
Initial Eligbility for Students with Disabilities - Information for students with disabilities.