Clubs and Activities
- Purpose: To inform and give advice to current and future Walled Lake ACE students.
- Meets the second and fourth Friday of the month during 4th hour in room F102.
African American Alliance
- Terrence Johnson
- Purpose: To highlight contributions made by African Americans and discuss contemporary issues.
- Meets the first Thursday of every month after school in the Media Center.
All School Musical
- Amanda Lenze
- Voicemail: 248-956-4753
- The purpose of the All School Musical is to present a high quality Broadway Musical Theater production using an all student cast, orchestra & crews.
- To join, sign up to be a member of the crew or audition for the cast or orchestra.
- Auditions are held in September; Performances are held in December.
- Students come in to work on independent art projects. They’ll have the freedom to use materials for the projects of their choosing
- Meets after school until 4:00 PM in the 3D Art Room.
- Amanda Lenze
- Voicemail: 248-956-4753
- Choir is a Class open to any WLCHS students who want to sing many opportunities to perform. Sample of events: 4 concerts, sing in the community, all-school talent show, Pops concert, tour,(this year NYC) coffee house, Competitions, Festivals plus social activities.
- Choir meets as a class. See Mrs. Lenze in Room A100 or speak to your counselor to enroll.
- Evening Concerts include: Halloween Concert, Collage, Pre-Festival, Ye Olde Boar’s Head Feaste & Pops Concert
- Purpose: To allow students to come together and learn yoga taught by an instructor.
- Meetings as announced.
- Lisa Jastrzab
- Purpose: Marketing student oranization that allows students to work on their communication skills, with their business knowledge in a competition setting.
- Coach Roxanne Sanders
- Phone: 248-974-4771
- Open to any student who rides Saddleseat, Huntseat, Hunt/Jump, Western, or Timed Events.
- Justin Schumacher
- Purpose: To inform people about the movement of women's rights.
- Meets Tuesdays at 2:30 in room B103 and is open to anyone interested in talking about issues of gender and difference at WLC.
Figure Skating Team
- French Club meets after school. For meeting information, follow the French Club on Twitter.
German Club and German Exchange
- Frau Robinson
- Voicemail: 248-956-4910
- German Club meets monthly and is open to anyone interested in German culture.
HOSA (Health Occupations Students of America
- Purpose: Provide organization members the opportunity to study topics of interest and skills required for future health care professions. Organization members then compete with their acquired knowledge in designated skill events at the regional and national level (if qualified).
- Meets after school once a month.
- Purpose: To provide service to and become involved with the community.
- Interact meets twice a month on Thursdays at 2:30.
Key Club of WLC
- Key Club meets Tuesdays after school in room B107.
- Marching Band is a 7th hour class and open to any band student Competitions are on Saturdays during the fall.
- Visit the Walled Lake Central Band Website.
Model United Nations
- Mark Willard
- Voicemail: 248-956-4812
- Model UN is an extra curricular activity open to any student that simulates the workings of the UN.
- The Model UN meets on Wednesdays at 2:30 in B104.
MSA (Muslim Student Association)
- Purpose: To bring about awareness of Islamic culture.
- MSA Meets Every other Tuesday after school in room B103.
National Art Honor Society
- David Deluca
- Voicemail: 248-956-4740
- Purpose: Advance the Visual Arts in our school and community.
- The National Art Honor Society is open to serious art students with a GPA of 3.5 or higher in their Art classes.
National Honor Society
Red Cross Club
- Purpose: To have students engage in social interactions and give them opportunities for training and leadership development.
- Meets every other Wednesday after school in room D103.
Robotics Club: FRC Team 308 the Monsters
- This team has developed a reputation as an innovative competitor combining the skills of students in all Walled Lake High Schools.
- Meets Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30 to 9:00 and Saturday 9:00 am to 3:00 pm at Western High School in room D117.
SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions)
- Purpose: to promote safe driving.
- Meets bi-weekly after school in room D201 or D207.
Social Justice League
- The Social Justice League is an extracurricular club open to any and all students interested in discussing and addressing social justice issues within our school, district, and community. The club meets every Tuesday after school in room D208.
- Beth Rexroat
- Voicemail: 248-956-4750
- The Technical Crew must interview and potential cast members must audition.
- Visit the Play Information Website for more information.
- Purpose: To assist WLC in remaining a student-oriented, communication-based educational establishment, to set examples in the community, and to voice the opinion of the student body to foster an overall positive morale for all of Walled Lake Central.
- Student Council is open to any student with a 2.8 GPA or higher is invited to run in the election held during the Spring. To join, students must complete application process and give campaign speech to the entire class.
- Council meets twice a month during different class periods. All students are welcome to attend meetings in room E100a.
Student Newspaper - The Call
- Sponsor: Melissa Borgquist
- Purpose: To involve students directly in the writing, editing, and publishing of the school newspapwer The Call
Tabletop Gaming Club
- Purpose: to bring students together to develop friendship, try new games, and have fun.
- Meets Thursdays after school in B106
- Students will learn the technical side of production including Lighting, Sound, Video, Rigging, and Stage Management. Students will have an opportunity to work events in the auditorium like concerts, dance recitals, and ethnic celebrations.
- Tech Crew is open to all students. Students over the age of 16 may be eligible for a paid job.
T.H.E. Club (Tree Hugging Environmentalist)
- Students work to raise environmental awareness in our school and participate in activities that promote environmental stewardship locally and globally.
The Giving Tree
- The Giving Tree is a volunteer group established to help people overseas and in our area.
Vikings for Christ
Walled Lake Central News Team
- News Team is opent to Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors. Interested students should complete an application in the spring for the following year's news team.
updated February 9, 2016