Welcome to Walled Lake Northern High School
We are proud of our accomplishments as an educational community, so if you are considering sending your child to Walled Lake Northern High School, I invite you to contact the office to set up a personal tour.
We are a learning community dedicated to working with students, parents, staff and the greater community by:
- expecting educational excellence,
- ensuring student achievement,
- promoting healthy life choices, and
- providing relationships of integrity,
- while treating all persons with dignity and maintaining our sense of humor.
Points of Pride
- Seventh year in a row, Northern made Newsweek’s list of top high schools in the Nation.
- Students continue to earn nationally recognized endorsements and certifications through Oakland Schools Technical Campus’ allowing them to transition directly into the workforce.
- The graduating class had the highest ACT average the school and District has ever seen.
- More than 450 students took well over 800 Advance Placement tests this year.
- Students at Northern raised more than $60,000 to support local and other charities. • Seven varsity teams either won their Division or District level.
- Northern once again earned the right to retain the Shuman Cup. This is the third consecutive year we have held the cup.
- We received a commendation from the MHSAA stating that we received no negative reports from any official who officiated any of our sporting events.
- More than 100 student athletes earned academic honors at the State and Conference level.
- The Women’s swim team once again had the highest GPA among ALL high schools in the State.
- More than 25 student athletes will be continuing to play sports at the collegiate level. • Six student athletes were named All-State.
- More than 75% of our student body was involved in some form of club or sport this past year.
- All of our musical classes performed at State Festival and all received outstanding marks.
- This year’s musical, Tarzan, featured some of our most talented actors and musicians. All of the music was directed by our Northern teachers and performed by our own students.