Walled Lake Western-Class of 2018
Class of 2018 - Senior Information
Below is important information regarding senior events for the remainder of the year. I encourage you to frequently access our Class of 2018 webpage for the latest event details as they are updated. We hope this timeline will help make the coming weeks a little easier; we know how hectic life can be with a graduating senior!
If your student has been awarded a scholarship, please contact Mrs. Kathy DeYonker, Assistant Principals’ Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (248) 956-4425, so that his/her award may be formally recognized in the 2018 Commencement Program.
Monday, May 2
- Senior Honors & Awards Ceremony: 6:30 p.m., Auditorium Parents/family members are cordially invited to attend this special evening in recognition of the Class of 2018.
Friday, May 25
- Prom: 6:30 p.m.–11:00 p.m.–The Henry Ford Museum, Dearborn. Students must have purchased a ticket, submitted a signed contract and, if applicable, an approved guest contract, in order to attend.
- Tickets will not be sold at the door.
Monday, May 28
- Memorial Day Holiday – no school
Tuesday, May 29
- Senior Exams: During 5th & 6th Hours (Full day of school for all students.)
Wednesday, May 30
- Senior Exams: During 3rd & 4th Hours (Full day of school for all students.)
- Senior Locker Clean-Out
- Commencement Rehearsal-MANDATORY: During 5th & 6th Hours (12:30-2:10 pm)–Auditorium & Gym
- Students are advised to make any special arrangements necessary (employers, etc.) in order to be at Walled Lake Western for rehearsal. Parents, please assist us in making sure your student has made arrangements to participate in this mandatory rehearsal.
Thursday, May 31
- Senior Exams: During 1st & 2nd Hours (Seniors released at 9:23 a.m.)
- Final Determination of Graduation Eligibility
- Senior BBQ: 10:30 a.m.–12:00 noon/Watson Field. Senior students provide and prepare all barbeque items; including, food, beverages, grills, paper products, utensils, etc. Students should bring their ID card for entry.
Friday, June 1
- Seniors’ Last Day!
- Senior Complimentary Brunch: 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.-Auxiliary Gym
- Cap, Gown and Complimentary Commencement Tickets (2) Distribution: 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.- Auditorium
- Seniors will not receive their complimentary commencement tickets (2) nor cap & gown until all fines/fees are paid, textbooks are returned and final grades have been determined. All fines and fees must be paid on or before May 31st in the form of cash or money order (personal checks will not be accepted) or via Family Access/E-Funds. Honors students will receive their collars at this time as well. (NHS students will receive their cords from Mrs. Santana prior to June 1st.)
- Senior Celebration: 12:45 p.m. - Gymnasium SENIORS REQUIRED TO ATTEND
- Parents of our seniors are welcome and encouraged to attend this all-school assembly honoring the Class of 2018.
Sunday, June 3
- Commencement - EMU’s Convocation Center – 7:00 p.m.
- Ceremony: All seniors must report to Eastern Michigan University’s Convocation Center by 5:45 p.m. in proper attire. Proper attire for girls is dress shoes (preferably white) with a skirt and blouse, dress slacks or dress. Proper attire for boys is dress shoes, dress slacks and dress shirts. Only students who have fulfilled all graduation requirements may participate in the Commencement Ceremony. Students deficient in credits are not permitted to walk in the procession.
- Tickets: Guest and family seating is general admission. Tickets are required. Each graduating senior will receive two (2) general admission tickets free of charge. These complimentary tickets will be issued to the seniors at the time of cap and gown distribution on June 1st. Additional tickets may be purchased at a cost of $5 each. The purchase of tickets is handled entirely through Eastern Michigan University and may be ordered by contacting EMU’s ticket office at (734) 487-2282 or online at www.emutix.com. Handicapped seating is available and requires a general admission ticket. Suite-style booths, which accommodate groups of up to twenty guests, are also available (on a limited basis) at a cost of $300. For suite reservations, contact Mr. Ron Reid at email@example.com or by phone at (734) 487-0187.
- Diploma Distribution: Diplomas should be picked up, by the graduate, in the Convocation Center’s Auxiliary Gymnasium immediately following the Commencement Ceremony. Honors graduates will turn in their collars at that time. NHS graduates may keep their cords. If diplomas are not picked up at the Convocation Center, they will be held in Western’s Main Office, and available for pick-up between 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., during the week of June 4th - June 8th.
- Senior All-Night Party: 11:00 p.m.–5:30 a.m. – High Velocity Sports, Canton
- Roundtrip bus transportation is provided from/to Western. Tickets are $75 per student and require a signed contract. Contracts are available every Wednesday during all lunches. Tickets will not be available at the door. Students may not leave and reenter the party for any reason. For additional information join our Facebook group, WLW Senior Class of 2018-Senior All Night Party or contact the party chairpersons; Mrs. Renee Weiss at firstname.lastname@example.org, 248-935-3193, or Mrs. Rose Adams at email@example.com, 248–755- 3725
- Book Deposits: If your student has officially graduated from WLW, and has no outstanding fines or fees, you should expect a $40.00 book deposit refund. All efforts will be made to get those checks processed and mailed to you during the Month of August. For record keeping purposes, these checks are made out to the student. If your student has outstanding fines or fees, they will have until October 1, 2018 to clear the fees. Book deposits will be forfeited after October 1, 2018.
Seniors - Join the Class of 2018 Google Classroom!
Use your School Google account and use the code fj7lx9 when joining.
Visit the "About" page for the senior timetable.
Visit the Senior Class Website for detailed information including key dates, fundraisers, and other pertinent information for the Class of 2018.
updated April 12, 2018