Please join PTSA!
MEETING DATES for the the 2017-18 school year:
ALL MEETINGS HELD IN SMART MEDIA CENTER
September 12, 2017 at 7:30 PM (Meet & Greet will be at 7 PM)
October 10, 2017 at 7 PM
November 14, 2017 at 7 PM
December 12 at 7 PM (This meeting has been cancelled... see you in January)
January 16 at 7 PM
February 13 at 7 PM
March 13 at 7 PM
April 10 at 7 PM
May 8 at 7 PM
PTSA Reflections Contest 2017-18 ... "Within Reach"
CALLING ALL STUDENTS!
The 2017-2018 National PTA Reflections contest is here.
Entry rules and registration forms are available in the main office.
Get creative and reflect on the theme: WITHIN REACH
This is your chance to express who you are as an individual through one or more of the following:
• Dance Choreography
• Film Production
• Music Composition
• Visual Arts
Win Awards and Prizes!
Submissions and entry forms are due NOVEMBER 17th by 3 pm in the main office.
Entertainment Book Fundraiser 2017-18!
We are kicking off our Entertainment Book fund
Students participated in a kick off assembly on Friday, September 15th and books came home on that same day. All the details will be provided in the packet that comes home with the book. Please contact Leslie Szalk, PTSA Fundraising Chairperson at with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org . Thanks!
HUNGRY HOWIES pizza night to benefit CHS
Smart is partnering with Hungry Howies this year. Every other Thursday, if enough pizzas are sold, Smart will receive 10% of the proceeds from all sales (the entire day) at the store on Union Lake near Commerce Road. Please make Thursday your pizza night! Flyers will be coming home with students or can be printed from our web site - just hand them the flyer at the pizza counter. This is an easy way to make money for our school projects.
If you have never linked your Kroger Plus card/key card you can do so by following these instructions:
- To Register your card log into www.krogercommunityrewards.com
- Click on Welcome Sign in/Register located in the upper right corner
- Click on New Customer and complete all the information asked for.
- Complete Registration - Clifford Smart's organization number is 82338
- Go to your email inbox and follow the instructions to complete your activation process.
- Log into your Kroger account
- Click on Edit Community Rewards program info.
- Under “Find your Organization” type: Cliff
- Select Clifford H Smart
- Save your selection.
Kroger will donate to CHS on your behalf. Many families use their Kroger plus card on a regular basis but have not taken the time to link their card to CHS. If your card is not already linked to another school or organization, please take a few minutes to sign up for this program on-line. With all the budget cuts this money could definitely help our school.
For questions about this program please speak to Mrs. Tina Connell at email@example.com
- The first quarter GAP goal is to receive all 1s and 2s for citizenship. There is no form to submitt for this goal.
- The second quarter GAP goal is to have a 3.0 or to raise the first quarter GPA by 0.5. There is no form to submit for this goal.
- The third quarter GAP goal is to reach the reading goal. Please download the reading form.
- The fourth quarter GAP is to have performed at least ten hours of community service throughout the school year. Please view the community service form.
Box Tops for Education
The PTSA Box Tops program is still going strong. This year the proceeds will go to the encore department. Smart raised over $1500.00 in our two box tops drives last school year. Let's keep cutting them. There are two turn in months each year - OCtober and February. The last day to turn these in for the October drive is Oct. 26th.
Campbells Soup Labels for Education
These are needed to help our school earn rewards. Please cut the rewards portion of the label and send to school. The student council will be coordinating the collection this year.
Hiller's Cards are available through CHS. CHS receives proceeds from your purchases if you are registered! The reloadable Hiller's card returns money directly to the CHS PTSA which supports schoolwide initiatives. Please be sure to get your card today if you have not already done so. These are available in the school office.