Love is greater than Hate at C.H. Smart!
Clifford H. Smart Middle School has adopted a "pro-kindness" philosophy and believes that "Love is greater than Hate", when dealing with bullying. Best selling author and youth motivational speaker Brooks Gibbs has partnered with Smart to implement this "anti-bullying" philosophy at Smart, and we couldn't be more excited about it.
Brooks has spoken to over 3 million students around the world and has a proven track record that this philosophy works , in hundreds of districts across the country.
Brooks has presented to and trained staff, students, and parents.
- trained staff in the principles of "Love is greater than Hate".
- continued meetings with the staff during the Walled Lake Consolidated School District's in-service days.
- presented to students on the pro-kindness and "Love > Hate" ideas.
- produced videos to show during our morning announcements, reinforcing the Love > Hate philosophy. See the web links below for these great videos!
- presented to our parent community in an evening seminar on pro-kindness and "Love > Hate" ideas.
Brooks will continue to meet with staff, students and parents to reinforce and reteach the "Love > Hate" ideas, reinforcing it with the "Golden Rule": Treat others as you would want to be treated; a.k.a treat everyone like a friend, even your enemies.
Our goal is to empower staff, students, and parents with the tools and knowledge to manage and eliminate bullying behaviors; making Smart the best school it can be.
Please visit the links below for more information. Brooks' book, Love > Hate, is on the Amazon Top 10 list and can be purchased by visiting www.amazon.com .
Brooks Gibbs Home Page
Brooks Gibbs videos
This site will show a variety of videos to help move our Love is Greater than Hate philosophy forward.
Brooks Gibbs "Bully in Jail" stuff
"Be Calm, Be Kind": Brooks Gibbs Video
"Winning the Bully War": Brooks Gibbs Video
This is a great resource video for students AND parents."History of Bullying in America": Brooks Gibbs Video
"Is Bullying a crime?": Brooks Gibbs Video
"Bullying Simplified": Brooks Gibbs Video