Walled Lake Schools Food Service Distribution for our children in need March 16 through March 30
Date &Time: Every Monday, beginning March 16 from 1:45 to 3 p.m.
- Walled Lake Western High School, 600 Beck Road, Walled Lake
- Pick-up at Western is outside the gym entrance in the parking lot and bus loop area near the athletic fields.
- Walled Lake Central High School, 1600 Oakley Park Road, Walled Lake
- Pick-up at Central is at the main entrance. Please follow those directing traffic.
What: Children will receive 7 days of breakfast and 7 days of lunch for all children ages 0-18. This includes students with disabilities ages 18-26 with an active individual education program (IEP).
These meals, served under the program called Unanticipated School Closure Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), are available to all children at no cost.
Other food and parent resources:
Hospitality House Food Bank: 1600 W. West Maple Road, (248) 960-9975, located in business park near Welch Road
Walled Lake Consolidated Schools is committed to creating a healthy school environment that enhances the development of lifelong wellness practices to promote healthy eating and physical activities that support student achievement.
- Wellness Policy
- Meal Charging Policy
- Walled Lake Snack Guidelines
- Walled Lake Schools Breakfast Outreach
Free & Reduced Meals
Children need healthy meals to learn. Walled Lake Consolidated School District offers healthy meals every school day. Breakfast costs $1.25 at the elementary level and $1.50 at the middle school and high school levels; lunch costs $2.75 at the elementary level and $3.00 at the middle and high school levels. Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced-price meals. Reduced-price is $.30 for breakfast and $.40 for lunch. This packet includes an application for free or reduced-price meal benefits, and a set of detailed instructions. Below are some common questions and answers to help you with the application process.
Free & Reduced Application can be filled out through Family Access. Login to Family Access, Click on Food Service, and click the Application that is at the top of the screen.
**Please note that we will now be charging a $25.00 fee for any check that is returned to Food Service.**
2019-2020 Income Eligibility Chart
|Total Family Size||Income Yearly||Income Monthly||Income Weekly|
For each additional household member add $8,177 annually, $682 monthly, and $158 weekly.
Allergy, religious, cultural, economic or other meal preference accommodation
- Medical Statement to accommodate food allergy, religious, cultural, economic or other preferences for purchase of School Breakfast or Lunch