Walled Lake Schools is excited to offer our families Junior Kindergarten for the 2022-2023 school year! Junior Kindergarten will support kindergarten readiness through a play-based curriculum. Our program will cultivate academic and social-emotional learning along with opportunities for play, creativity, and social skill development.
At this time, our Junior Kindergarten programs are FULL for the 2022-2023 school year. We appreciate your interest in the program and invite you to learn more with the resources below. Please also consider filling out the Junior Kindergarten interest form below to be added to our wait list.
Thank you for your interest in Junior Kindergarten. At this time, our programs are currently full. Please complete the survey and you will be added to a waitlist. Should there be an opening for your child, you will be contacted at that time.
Eligible students must turn 5 years old between June 1 - December 1. We are unable to accept students beyond on December 1 cutoff.
*If your child's birth date falls outside this range and you are interested in JK, please contact the principal of your home school.
Programs At A Glance
To help families decide if Junior Kindergarten is a good fit for their child, our team has put together the following WLCSD Young Learners breakdown:
- Commerce Elementary
- Loon Lake Elementary
- Meadowbrook Elementary
- Pleasant Lake Elementary
*More locations possible if needed due to demand.
- Full day, five days a week
- NO COST to families of eligible students
- Typical Grade Progression - Year 1: Junior Kindergarten, Year 2: Kindergarten
- Same start/end times as our elementary schools
- Follows the WLCSD 2022-2023 school year calendar
- Prime Time Care available to students (before/after school care) at a cost
- Bus transportation available if your child's home school is Commerce, Meadowbrook, or Pleasant Lake
- Families would need to coordinate transportation to/from school if your child's home school is not one of those schools