Summer Learning 2023
*Note - all summer school courses are online, Edgenuity course.
High School Credit Recovery - Free
- Dates: June 26 - August 17
- HS Credit Recovery Registration - Open Through June 23, 2023. After the deadline you will have to contact the summer school mailbox at SummerEdu@wlcsd.org
- All students must check with their counselor for which course to enroll in.
- Students can only enroll in ONE course at a time. A student who needs to recover credit in more than one course may do so, but must finish one course before moving onto the next.
- Summer Lab program is available at any of the high schools, where students can meet with a WLCSD ceritifed teacher with Edgenuity experience to help them stay on pace and answer questions.
- Labs are Monday - Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- If you cannot come to lab, Zoom check-ins are required once per week.
- Final exams MUST be take in-person during one of the summer labs, no later than August 17, 2023.
- Students may complete Edgenuity courses in which they started during the school year.
- Students may register for a course they have already taken and passed to improve their grade, but those courses may be required to do in the lab if the virtual program is full.
- Summer courses are NOT approved by the NCAA. If you need an approved course, you must do the Credit Advancement Instructional Services Program below.
High School Credit Advancement (NCAA Approved) - $175 per course
HS Credit Advancement Registration - Opens June 1, 2023.
Students must check with their counselors before registering and need to know both the course content (Biology, US History, ELA, etc.) as well as the semester (A or B). There are NO REFUNDS after 5 days following registration.
Students have nine weeks to complete the course from the date of enrollment.Teachers may grant a 1-week extension, if necessary.
Final exams MUST be take in-person during one of the proctored summer labs at any of the high schools and within the nine week course timeframe, no later than August 17, 2023.
Everyone will an Edgenuity teacher who has been certified in the course content.
Virtual Tutoring - Free
- Grades: K-10
- Dates: June 19 - August 4
- Subject Areas: Literacy or Math
- Virtual Tutoring Registration - Closes June 1, 2023. Space is limited.
- Days and times will be set by the teacher between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Students will be included in approximately two sessions per week.
- Sessions will focus on priority skills needed for the next year or course.
- High school students will NOT receive English or Math credit.
- Tutors will reach out to families no later than the week of June 13, 2023 with schedule details.
Please contact SummerEdu@wlcsd.org or call (248) 956-2037 with any questions.