Walled Lake Central - Attendance
Walled Lake Central Attendance Policy (Tardies and Absences)
- Procedure for Reporting a Student Absence: It is important that student absences are due to one of the acceptable reasons above.
- Student should email his or her teachers to inquire about missed instruction and makeup work opportunities.
- Parent/Guardian call the Attendance Hotline at (248) 956-4999. Follow the prompts.
- Parent/Guardian only may excuse an absence (students who call themselves in to excuse an absence may be subject to disciplinary action)
- Pre-arranged absences: should be communicated to the school the day prior or before 7:00 a.m. the morning of dismissal
Other Important Attendance Information
- WLC seeks to preserve the academic environment. The attendance office will not call classrooms to excuse a student from class unless it is a true emergency.
- WLC is a closed campus. Students are not allowed to be called out of school by a parent/guardian to eat lunch off campus and then return to school.
- If a student is returning to WLC the same day as the dismissal due to a healthcare appointment, it is expected that the student will provide a note on a health provider's letterhead verifying the date and time the student was seen by the provider.