AP Testing and IB Testing
2020 AP Exam Registration CHANGES- College Board has changed their exam registration window. In the past, registration took place in late winter for their May AP Exams; however, College Board now requires students to register THIS FALL for their May 2020 AP Exams.
JOIN CODES- Regardless of your plan to take the AP Exam, ALL students must use the JOIN Code specific to his/her AP Class/Hour to Join their AP class(es) on College Board. The College Board system will default all students saying "YES" to taking the exam; however, Mr. Walczyk will update the system to accurately reflect those taking/not taking the exam once exam registration ends.
WHAT SCORES ARE NEEDED FOR COLLEGE CREDIT? Find specific universities that offer college credit and/or course placement based on AP Scores via AP Credit Policy Search:
HOW TO REGISTER FOR AP EXAMS:
- $95 per exam (+processing fees)
- Registration Window: October 4, 2019 through November 4, 2019
- In order to provide easier access, payment options, and precise records of ongoing AP Exam enrollment, registration this year will only be completed online through Total Registration.
- You can pay via credit/debit card or check using Total Registration.
STEPS to sign up and pay online for an AP exam:
- Go to www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/233689
- Select “Create An Account”.
- Complete all steps completely and accurately. (Make sure to enter your FULL name and address. What you input into Total Registration will be pre-printed on your Scantrons).
- Follow the payment steps and pay online by credit/debit card or check.
Each exam will cost $95 plus any fees from Total registration.
- It is the student’s responsibility to sign up for the correct exam.
- Please make every effort to register for AP Exams as soon as possible prior to November 4, 2019. Exams ordered per this registration must be correctly identified and registration must be completed by the November 4th deadline in order for an exam to be ordered. Therefore, failure to order the correct exam or failure to register by November 4th, will result in a student not being able to take the desired exam.
- There are no “Spare Exams” as our school is billed for every exam we order.
- a FULL REFUND given if student cancels exam registration PRIOR TO NOVEMBER 4, 2019
- PARTIAL REFUNDS given if student cancels exam registration prior to
February 28, 2020.
- NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN AFTER FEBRUARY 28, 2020.
- Please note any testing conflicts in advance and contact Mr. Walczyk BEFORE registering for any EXAMS.
**Students who may qualify for reduced exams fees (due to eligibility for the Free and Reduced Lunch Program) need to indicate this in the online registration screen when asked. Mr. Walczyk will be notified of your request to receive reduced AP exam fees and will confirm your eligibility. Once you have been approved for a fee reduction, you will need to submit payment online. It is your responsibility to submit payment by November 4, 2019. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of your registration.
AFTER students have registered:
In April, students will receive specific testing times and locations.
Students will take their exams at the specifically scheduled date and time. The test times are nationally regulated and cannot be adjusted locally. AP exam days are listed on the “Bulletin for AP Students and Parents” (handed out in AP classes to all students) as well as on the registration form below.
2020 AP & IB Testing Information
2020 IB Testing Information
WLW IB Testing Information
2020 AP Testing Information
There is NOT A LATE REGISTRATION window. Please see your student AP Registration packet regarding this. Tests will again be administered off-campus at our district Education Services Center or at the VFW. Students will need to provide their own transportation. Unfortunately, AP does not accommodate refunding for any missed exams, so please make sure that the exam time is on your calendar.
Students should arrive at the testing center by 7:25 am for morning testing and 11:30 am for afternoon testing. Do not enter the building until invited in by a proctor! You must wait outside.
WHERE DO WE TEST?
Most exams are conducted offsite, with most of the testing taking place at the VFW Post 2269 or at the ESC (Educational Service Center) at the corner of Ladd Road and Maple Road. The specific test site, start time, and maps will be provided to all AP students in April.
Directions to testing locations
850 Ladd Road, Building D.
Walled Lake, MI 48390
Park in front of Orchard Grove Church, away from the building as close to Maple Road as possible. Students should arrive at the testing center by 7:25 am for morning testing and 11:30 am for afternoon testing. Do not enter the building until invited in by a proctor! You must wait outside.
VFW Post 2269
Top of the hill between Hillcrest and Chickasaw St.
Head north on Chickasaw St. You will see the VFW sign on the top of their building. It's right before Gilbert Willis Park. There are 2 parking lots - the larger is near the downstairs door; smaller lot is by the upstairs door. Students should arrive at the testing center by 7:25am for morning tests and 11:30am for afternoon tests. Do not enter the building until invited in by a proctor! You must wait outside!
Transportation: You are responsible for your transportation to and from the exam site.
Questions: Contact Mr. Walczyk in counseling, (248) 956-4446 or DavidWalczyk@wlcsd.org
updated February 2019