Tardies, Phones, Refocus Policies
Starting class effectively and efficiently is very important to student learning. Tardies to any class throughout the day are detrimental to this goal. Our building has a cumulative tardy policy in place, which resets on a quarterly basis. The policy details follow:
- 4 tardies will result in a lunch detention
- 7 tardies will result in an after-school detention
- 10 tardies will result in a Saturday detention
- More than 10 tardies will result in further discipline including loss of locker and passing time privileges.
Operating a distraction-free class is crucial to student learning. Interruptions are counterproductive to this objective. As a result our building has established a quarterly phone policy in place. The policy details follow:
- 1 phone violation will have no consequences
- 2 phone violations will result in a lunch detention
- 3 phone violations will result in an after-school detention
- 4 phone violations will result in a Saturday detention
- 5 phone violations will result in loss of phone privileges
Refocus is a process we utilize to increase student learning by minimizing classroom interruptions. It is positive, efficient, and been very effective for our school. Refocus visits are reset each semester.