National Junior Honor Society
Welcome to Sarah Banks Middle School's chapter of the National Junior Honor Society
The Faculty Sponsor for NJHS is Mrs. Nelson
Becoming a Member:
Invitations to apply to the Sarah Banks Middle School Chapter of the National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) are given to 7th grade students during the second semester. Below are the requirements for membership:
- Minimum 3.8 GPA
- No Level 3 discipline offenses (Code of Conduct)
- No repetitive Level 2 discipline offenses (Code of Conduct)
- Must be a student at SBMS for at least 1 semester
- Review of application by the NJHS Faculty Council
Once accepted into NJHS, members are expected to adhere to the following:
- Maintain 3.8 GPA (grade checks will occur every 10 weeks; students below 3.8 will be placed on probation for the following 10 weeks. If they have not regained their 3.8 GPA, they will be subject to removal from NJHS)
- Members shall miss no more than 3 meetings
- Members will complete a total of 27 Community Service Hours (average of 3 community service hours a month from September 1 – May 31).
- Members will participate and assist in volunteer events such as Banks Blast-Off, Curriculum Night, Team-Building at Outdoor Education Center, 5th-grade orientation visits, seasonal events at elementary schools, etc.
Prospective members can email Mrs. Nelson. Current members should check the NJHS Google Classroom regularly for updates and meetings.